Wedding season is here, you guys, and with it comes a host of beautiful experiences, objects and looks crafted by amazing designer-makers and creatives. We love a soppy celebration and all the cute trappings that go with it so, we’ve handpicked a selection of our favourite bits and pieces with which to make your wedding or the celebration of somebody you really love a beautiful blast. Here are our wonderful choices for the month of May.
1. If you’re engaged, soon-to-be-engaged, just married or crazy in love, remember that good things come in sets of two and building a beautiful home together is the best. We love The Future Kept and every handmade item it sources and stocks. These Ritual ceramic cups are the product of a new collaboration between the shop and designer-maker Andrea Roman. Crafted from a mixture of marbled stoneware in two shades, these minimalist pieces make starting each morning together special.
2. Our favourite ethical jewellers Cred are revolutionising the way the world sees wedding bands. We could go on forever about their amazing commitment to working with fair trade mines, supporting workers and their families and creating beautiful things consciously, but we’ll simply say this: Cred are a jeweller like no other and we love what they do. This rose-gold ring is made from fair trade 18 carat gold with either a matte or polished finish, perfect for tying the knot. Love should be fair on everybody and with guys like Cred around, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t be.
3. Alexandra Noble combines her knowledge of architecture, botany and image making to create unique and gorgeous prints as Flower and Foliage. After creating her first piece as a wedding present for a friend, Alexandra now makes bespoke prints to order, featuring any kind of floral or botanical arrangement. The results, showcasing specially commissioned wedding bouquets and horticultural compositions, are stunning and make for a pretty original memento of a special day.
4. Speaking of remembering amazing moments, Wolf & Rosie is a one-woman show run by talented illustrator Rosie Harbottle. Rosie specialises in creating cute stationery and custom hand-painted clothing for special occasions using watercolour and ink. Her detailed and delicate style translates brilliantly onto tough garments like leather jackets which she decorates by hand for each and every client. So, whether you’re after a matching look for you and your boo, or just something that will look awesome on the big day to rock yourself, this indie business is a fantastic go-to for something to cherish. Plus, you can wear it again and again. What’s no to love?
5. Oh Anthropologie, you do tempt us with all your lovely things and this Aldalora throw is the dream wedding gift. Not only will it make a beautiful and cosy addition to your pad, it’s reminiscent of traditional Moroccan wedding blankets, special gifts given to celebrate the union of two families. Made from soft cotton with wonderfully-tactile tufting, this big fringed number is the perfect blanket to snuggle under when you’re feeling loved up.
6. Invitations are a weird one. Whether you’re having a party, hen-do or planning your actual wedding, it’s easy to get caught up in the madness of who and who not to invite. Whoever’s on your list, this is your chance to give your guests a taste of what to expect. Your friends and family will treasure these invitations so pick something meaningful that really sums up you and your sweetie. For moments like these, we love what stationery experts Papier have to offer. They collaborate with amazing illustrators and designers like Katie Leamon, creator of this pastel Mabre set.
7. From candle making and calligraphy to cake decoration, if you’re planning a hen-do or pre-wedding get-together, or perhaps a little quality time with your spouse-to-be, we recommend checking out House Curious, a very special home and workshop space created and curated by creative Sommer Pyne. Located in south west London, the space plays host to a range of lovely small-scale sessions in which you can kick back, learn a new skill and leave with something sublime. Get a load of the house and its sweet interior while you’re there too, it’s the perfect place to snap a few shots for your Instagram feed.
8. Our favourite Hackney florists Rebel Rebel not only create works of art for all manner of amazing events but also craft bespoke bouquets, buttonholes, arrangements, in fact just about anything for your wedding celebrations. A flower shop for wild brides and jazzy grooms, Rebel Rebel use seasonal blooms to make their magic and they’re our go-to for anything and everything floral in London and the south east.
Words: Emily Beeson | @younggoldteeth