What can we say about THE WHITEPEPPER that won’t make us seem overtly obsessed? The answer is not much, because this independent London-based brand is our go-to for colourful and creative style. With each collection getting bolder and better, we were thrilled to check out the new SS16 collection, inspired by a trip to Japan. Obviously our next Look Kit features a few of the pieces we picked up and a couple of extras that we just couldn’t take our eyes of during our mosey around the label’s east London showroom.
1. The ultimate accessory for fans of cute motifs and Japanese style, this face backpack is made from faux leather so it’s vegan-friendly. We love the winking eye and the slick hair totally reminds us of Gogo in Kill Bill which is awesome. The rucksack is still all the rage so don’t be boring with yours; opting for one like this gives you serious style cred in our book.
2. This denim dress is beautifully oversized so we chose to rock it as a jacket – the jacket under coat trend is pretty hot right now in case you weren’t aware. Shiny popper buttons and a fringed hem make it look pretty vintage so you can basically wear it any way you want. Undone, half undone, all done-up, whatever. We wore it over our favourite patterned tops and jumpers from the collection.
3. Be still, our beating hearts. This jumper is such a winner. It’s cropped, bright red and trimmed with pom-poms. Does it need further explanation? We don’t think so. Probably our favourite piece from the new collection, it’s simple with a jazzy twist.
4. This cutie appeals to our enduring love of striped t-shirts but is fairly cosy, like a jumper. The high neck matches the chunky hem and the whole thing’s finished with a little onigiri sushi roll appliqué. It looks great with jeans but comes with a matching midi skirt too; just in case you’re feeling super stripy.
5. We have this thing with hands. You might have noticed if you follow YOUNG GOLD TEETH on Instagram. This hand-shaped clutch is another cruelty-free treat that comes in either pink or black and we’re coveting it like nothing else. THE WHITEPEPPER is famed for creating unusual bags, think unicorn clutches and rainbow shoulder styles, so we’ll just add this design to the long list of creative pieces on our wish list.
Words: Emily Beeson | @younggoldteeth