Our second Look Kit is here and this time we’re counterbalancing all that cosy winter warmth from the last outfit line-up with cool tones and fresh accessories. Dreamy pastels are the order of the day and rose-gold is the colour we’re coveting most. Ideal for taking you from the tail-end of winter into sunny spring, this collection features a few of our favourite creatives and designers. Take note of these names and step boldly towards a more creative wardrobe.
1. Alexandra Kokosina‘s pink leather rucksack can be handmade in one of two places; Rome, Italy or St Petersburg, Russia owing to two workshops in both cities. In a contemporary roll-top style, we love the way the delicate straps are finished in a slightly lighter shade. Most of Alexandra’s designs are made to order so if you’re after a different colour or leather texture, send her your wishes and specifications and she’ll create a totally unique design just for you.
2. If you’re a bit fancy and prefer slim over-ears to in-ear styles, these headphones were basically made for you. FRENDS x Baublebar‘s Fortuna headphones are a revamp of one of the label’s signatures. Embellished with crystals and finished in white and rose gold, we’re digging the creepy Never Ending Story-esque eye motif on either side. Complete with a with vegan leather carrying case to keep your babies safe, this makes for a much jazzier investment than your average pair of iPhone plugs.
3. Paper and Chain are our kind of jewellery designers. A dynamic duo who specialise in handmade pieces with a minimalist aesthetic, we can’t sing their praises enough. This rose gold Vega ring is our latest in a long line of favourite designs and we can assure you it’s absolutely beautiful in real life. Slim, polished and pointed, it looks amazing when it catches the light and pretty cool stacked with the silver version too.
4. Our friend Chloe Hall has created some fantastic illustrations for the site and we always love anticipating what she’ll turn her hand to next. As it so happens, her stand-out designs have found their way onto actual clothing and we’re obsessed with this cheese plant-print duster coat. Be sure to explore her collection of designs via Print All Over Me.
5. Miista‘s shoes are designed in the UK and made in Spain and their vintage-inspired European feel is one of the things we love most about them. These Dianne loafers contrast soft mint leather with a gold horsebit for a brilliant mix that’s somewhere between your grandmother’s and 90’s Winona Rider’s wardrobes. That’s a wonderful thing, by the way. A pointed toe and white rubber sole to finish? We’ll take that, thanks.
Words: Emily Beeson | @younggoldteeth