All that glitters and serves as an inspiring or decorative sight, as well as general Christmas tradition, is the order of our wish list this month. We’ve sought out all things hand-made, cute, creative, folksy and festive to get you into the Christmas spirit and to fill your world with cheer. Take a look at this list of beauties and fill your boots before 2014 is up. We’ve even popped in a few designer-makers from previous features to really make the most of the end-of-year spot.
1. These ceramic hands created by Jen Collins as part of her magical range, may look familiar to you. We’ve featured them before, but couldn’t resist the urge to pop them on our festive list of desirables. We have our fingers crossed for comfort and joy, and of course, for zero seasonal stress. We also have them crossed in the hope that our loved ones like all of their Christmas gifts!
2. Hopscotch are a small but perfectly formed company whose range of homewares is simple, sleek and expertly designed. We’re big fans and are especially keen on their Mulled Cider candle. This baby is a limited edition product so grab one before they say their goodbyes and we head into spring.
3. POP (otherwise known as Pen On Paper) are always rolling out beautiful stationery. You may have spotted a little something we wrote about them last year. They sell some of our favourite greetings cards and are consistently on their game when it comes to devising new themes for their exciting collections. POP’s excellent Christmas Crackers are in a league of their own, and come with cake toppers too. You can even personalise a set for yourself. How very special.
4. Little donkey, little donkey, on a dusty road. These folksy Dala Decorations can be found in Tigerlily Quinn‘s store. Everyone’s crazy for Scandi bits and pieces this year so including these wonderful Swedish-inspired creatures to adorn your tree with was a no brainer.
5. Celebrate peace on earth and goodwill to all who enter your kitchen with a beautiful Gold Glitter Cake Topper by Manchester-based crafter and purveyor of lovely paper decorations, Pelemele.
6. Custom Made is one of our favourite independent jewellery stores of the year. This Aquila Necklace is new to the online shop and features a nice bit of sparkle; perfect for the festive season. We’re also loving pretty much everything else in the store so be sure to pop over and have a browse.
7. It’s no secret that we love Oh Comely magazine over here. The publication is packed with inspiring stories, articles, recipes and craft ideas, and the December Issue is one of the best so far. No fluff, no fast fashion and no nonsense. Number 23 deserves a read so delve in and join the ranks of readers who like to keep their curiosity sacred.
8. This special Wishbone Card is from everyone’s favourite stationer, Present and Correct. We’d much prefer to wish on one of these by pulling it apart with a friend, as animal carcasses don’t really channel festive vibes for us. We’re pretty happy to have found this funny little gem of a card as it promises that no Turkeys were harmed in its creation. Hurrah!
Words: Emily Beeson | @younggoldteeth